Thursday, September 29, 2011

STYLE: WOOLWORTHS UPGRADED


In my own mind, I've always assumed Woolworths catered for older, more mature people, with little offered for the youth until I recently stepped into one of their stores in Botswana. To my surprise I found a couple of interesting pieces and I knew I had to do a post.

Over the years, Woolworths brand has grown and remained afloat in the tough industry of fashion. Recently they proved why they are still in the game giving their Re: Jeans brand an upgrade of sorts. The large retailer has imperatively afforded the average man clothes not only he can afford, but that he finds fashionable. In general women are sorted, we already know this, but men have not had these basics made available to them by local retailers, with the fit always wrong or the fabrication poor. Now Woolworths with their already successful Studio W collection is focusing on three important factors in menswear: fit, fabric and cut.

“Studio.W has been a remarkable success since its launch three years ago,” says Woolworths Group Director of Marketing, Charmaine Huet. “Our goal is to continue building on that success and establishing Studio.W as the brand for simple, modern styles that are easy to put together and offer the excellent value our customers expect to find at Woolworths.”

Woolworths is definitely a store to check out in my books.


No comments:

Post a Comment